Pyrmont Festival (20 Sept – 6 Oct) returns later this month, to serve up a slice of Pyrmont’s finest food, wine and culture by the harbour.
This year, the Festival teams up with Orange NSW to showcase the superb cool-climate wines from the region – Australia’s only wine region defined by its altitude.
Alongside plenty of special wine/dinner events, the Festival is headlined by a two-day highlight event (28-29 Sept) at sunny Pirrama Park, featuring some of the finest Orange winemakers in the region including Phillip Shaw and Tamburlaine Organic Wines, plus local artisanal growers and producers, live entertainment, and loads to keep the kids occupied too.
Pyrmont’s finest eateries will also spotlight Orange’s winemakers with a tantalizing series of special events, including: wines from Orange region on show at the Pyrmont Point Hotel (20 September – 6 October); and a celebration of all things biodynamic, organic and direct-trade at Bar Zini paired with Tamburlaine Organic Wines (21 September).
On 24 September, The Apprentice will see Sydney’s next exciting generation of up-and-coming student chefs serving up a spectacular dinner matched with wines from SeeSaw Wines; and following the festivities in Pirrama Park on 29 September, head down Harris Street for the official after party at The Terminus Hotel with Printhe Wines.
Running throughout the festival will be evenings of Orange wine tasting hosted by local specialty liquor purveyors Porter’s Liquor; and cooking masterclasses with Sydney Seafood School, with Michael Rantissi (Kepos Street Kitchen) and sushi master Hideo Dekura divulging their secrets on top-notch seafood cooking.
PYRMONT FESTIVAL FULL PROGRAM SCHEDULE:
- Wine Dinner at Bar Zini with Tamburlaine Organic Wines | 21 September
- Wine Dinner at The Apprentice with SeeSaw Wines | 24 September
- Terminus Hotel – After Party with Printhe Wines | 29 September
- Wines from Orange region on show at the Pyrmont Point Hotel | 20 September to 6 October
- Wine Tastings from the Orange region at Porters Liquor Pyrmont | 20 September – 6 October
- Cooking Classes at the Sydney Seafood School, Sydney Fish Market | 22, 25, 28 September, 6 October
- Sunset Bar at Call Me Harris | 20, 27 September, 4 October (every Friday)
- TAP Gallery: Local Artists Showcase | 20 September – 6 October