• 1 baguette, split and quartered
• 1⁄2 quantity BBQ chicken or BBQ pork
• 2 green onions (scallions), sliced
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
• 1⁄2 cup pickled carrot
• 1⁄2 cup pickled white radish
• 1⁄2 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
• 1⁄2 cup Vietnamese mint leaves
• 1 long red chilli, sliced
• 1⁄4 cup (75g) whole-egg mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons chopped chives
• 2 teaspoons, lemon juice
To make the chive mayonnaise, place the mayonnaise, chives and lemon juice in a non-metallic bowl and mix well to combine. Spread on the baguette and fill with the pork, green onion, cucumber, carrot, radish, coriander, mint and chilli. Serves 4.
+ These French-inspired rolls, called bánh mì, are traditionally spread with pork pâté, available from Asian grocers.