As the cooler weather approaches warm up with this comforting dish.
• 2 x 400g tins white cannellini beans
• 150g potato flour
• 1 large free-range egg
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion
• 2 garlic cloves
• 2 tbsp tomato purée
• 500g lamb mince
• 2 fresh oregano sprigs, plus extra
• 200g tinned chopped tomatoes
1. Drain the beans, then pulse in a food processor with the flour, egg, 1 tbsp of the oil and 1 tsp salt to combine. Wrap in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
2. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan on a medium heat.
Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and tomato purée and cook for 1 minute. Turn the hob to medium-high, add the mince and brown for 5 minutes. Chop the oregano, then add with the tomatoes and 375ml water. Season and simmer for 20-30 minutes until thick.
3. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Roll the chilled dough into 2 thin logs and cut into 3cm lengths. Boil, in batches, for 5 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and toss with the ragù.
4. Serve with pecorino and oregano.