Saturday 14 March–Sunday 22 March
NSW Seniors Week is the largest celebration for people over 60 in the southern hemisphere.
With the theme ‘Be Inspired’, it’s a chance for seniors to try new things, get out and engage with the community, express themselves and share their unique stories, skills and experiences. The Be Inspired theme is about encouraging greater effort, enthusiasm and creativity with a focus on activities that celebrate self-expression.
2015 NSW Seniors Week will be celebrated across the State with over 300,000 seniors across NSW take part in the festival each year by attending events and trying new lifestyle experiences that enrich their lives. NSW Seniors Week, presented by the Department of Family and Community Services, is an established and effective platform to engage active, social and independent seniors.
Seniors Week highlights
- Swim and exercise for free at our aquatic centres (ID required).
- Participate in grandparents’ storytime, daily at your local library.
- Discover geocaching, find hidden treasures while exploring the city.
- Honour the first Australians as you walk through Pyrmont Foreshore Parks.
- Enjoy Australia’s oldest park on the Hyde Park Art tour.
- Take a community garden bus tour, be inspired or share your knowledge.
- Learn the history of Australia’s most famous red light district on an after dinner walking tour.
- Explore the arts and what ageing creatively means to you at the arts symposium.
- Laugh loudly at the Comedy Debate and consider if it is better to exercise the heart or inspire the soul.