Guide Dogs Australia is calling for pre-retirees to apply for the ultimate job…Raising a Guide Dog puppy.
Guide Dogs Australia is expecting a puppy boom this season and needs the help of your readers to give these adorable bundles of joy a temporary home.
Given the important role these puppies will one day go on to play in someone’s life, there are a number of criteria applicants must meet to be successful for this rewarding experience, and I think your readers would be a good fit.
There are a lot of common misconceptions about being a Guide Dog puppy raiser, so we’d like to share with your readers 5 reasons you should consider being a Puppy Raiser.
- You can try before you buy: Thought about getting a dog now that the kids have flown the coop? Raising a Guide Dog puppy is a great way to road test whether a pooch suits your lifestyle and whether it’s something you would want to commit to long term. The puppies only require a home for a maximum of 12-months before beginning their journey to change the life of a vision impaired person.
- You can still go on holidays: No need to cancel that long awaited vacation, Guide Dogs Australia will look after your puppy whilst you live it up in Port Douglas!
- You can take your puppy with you: Unlike other pets, you’re encouraged to take your puppy where ever you go. Whether it’s a trip to the local cafe or a movie date with friends, your puppy can come along. Plus, you don’t have to worry about your puppy getting up to no good at home alone!
- They’re cheap: We all know that pets can be expensive, but you’ll have no need to reach for your wallet as a puppy raiser. Guide Dogs Australia will pay for all your puppy expenses so you can continue saving.
- You will gain a new best friend: These little companions are looking for love and affection in their first year of life and are sure to keep you company throughout the day.
Given the important role these puppies will one day go on to play in someone’s life, there are a number of criteria applicants must meet to be successful for this rewarding experience. We believe your audience would fulfill these criteria. For more information, please refer to: https://www.guidedogsvictoria.com.au/get-involved/volunteering/become-puppy-raiser/
You may interested in this post 10 Reasons to get a dog when you’re over 50