Australia’s cruise season is officially underway!
Take a closer look inside our largest superliner – the 88,500-tonne Carnival Legend.
Sydney has staged a spectacular welcome to mark the start of Australia’s cruise season plus the maiden arrival of Australia’s biggest ship – Carnival Cruise Lines’ superliner, Carnival Legend.
In keeping with its name, the 88,500-tonne ship enjoyed a legendary entry into the Harbour with the Australian Girls Choir performing a medley of well-known Australian tunes with 3,000 guests and crew singing along.
Carnival Legend is the first international ship to arrive in Australia for the 2015 summer cruise season which will see a record flotilla of more than 35 different ships sailing in local waters.
Find out more and take a look at this huge ship!
- The ship has 12 passenger decks
- It boasts 4 swimming pools, a jaw-dropping 72-foot water slide, sports court, jogging track and two-deck fitness centre
- It has more than 22 restaurants, bars and lounges – including the Red Frog Pub with its own locally brewed ale and a 24-hour pizza and ice cream service
- With a gross registered tonnage of 88,500 tons, Carnival Legend is equivalent in tonnage to 77 Manly ferries
- If tipped on her stern, the 293-metre long Carnival Legend would stretch more than 42 metres above the observation deck of Sydney Tower, the city’s tallest building
- In a month, 400kg or 48,000 coffees are consumed
- During an average week, Carnival Legend guests consume more than 3000 steaks, 2268kg of chicken and poultry, 442kg of salmon, 1500 tomatoes, 13,700 potatoes, 5320 bananas and 3000 apples.
- The ship was christened by British actress Dame Judi Dench in 2002 and originally sailed to Alaska, Hawaii, the Caribbean, Panama Canal and the South Pacific
Find out more at www.carnival.com.au