For first time cruisers and even seasoned cruisers, it’s important to do some homework to be able to decide which ship will be right for you. For the young and young at heart, you may want a ship that offers all the bells and whistles. Royal Caribbean cruises have many different types of ships that offer something for everyone.
Many seniors travel with their kids and grandchildren and desire ships that will keep the whole family entertained, so perhaps Royal Caribbean’s Quantum Class ships may just fit the bill.
Their Quantum class of ships have taken a dramatic leap forward, introducing more game-changing “firsts at sea” these include a skydiving experience, a thrilling adventure that transports guests more than 300 feet in the air on a breathtaking journey; other cutting-edge transformative venues include the largest indoor sports and entertainment complex at sea with bumper cars, roller skating and more; and the cruise line’s largest and most advanced staterooms ever.
I spoke with Australian boss of Royal Caribbean Gavin Smith who said their latest ship, “Quantum of the Seas will redefine the way consumers from all over the world will consider cruising. Royal Caribbean International has once again demonstrated it’s leadership in ship design and I can tell you that our Australian offices have already received enquiries for details of how they can get onboard to enjoy this ground breaking ship soon to be launched. Australians love Royal Caribbean and with ships like Quantum of the Seas on the horizon, I am sure that will continue”.
These include the industry’s first virtual balconies. Every stateroom on Quantum of the Seas will have a view.
Unprecedented “Firsts At Sea”
Having led the industry by introducing incredible signature offerings such as the Rock Climbing Wall, ice-skating rink, FlowRider surf simulator, Central Park and AquaTheater, Royal Caribbean will advance the onboard experience even further by delivering a ground breaking line-up of “firsts at sea” on Quantum-class ships. New features exclusive to Royal Caribbean include:
- RipCord by iFly, the first skydiving experience at sea which allows everyone from first-time flyers to seasoned skydivers to enjoy the sheer thrill and exhilaration of skydiving in a safe, controlled, and simulated environment.
- North Star, an engineering marvel, takes guests to new heights – literally – with a jewel-shaped, glass capsule, transporting them on a spectacular journey more than 300 feet above the ocean and over the sides of the ship to deliver awe-inspiring 360-degree views.
“We are excited to be introducing major advancements in ship design and offerings on Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas,” said Adam Goldstein, president & CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “The innovative spirit of our brand is alive and well, and with Quantum class, we will deliver more unexpected activities in the most extraordinary spaces. Our guests should prepare to be wowed.”
New Transformational Signature Venues
With Quantum class, Royal Caribbean marries new innovations with significant architectural design elements to introduce spectacular spaces. On Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas guests will find endless possibilities with new signature venues. Some of the new features onboard will include:
- A revolutionary concept, Two70° this is a multi-level great room that is sure to become one of the most iconic venues onboard Quantum class. The space is aptly named for its magnificent 270-degree panoramic sea views through vast, floor-to-ceiling glass walls spanning almost three decks at the stern of the ship. Two70° seamlessly fuses entertainment and technology to create a transformative journey from day to night. The perfect setting to connect with the sea during the day, Two70° provides a modern and comfortable living room space for guests to sit back and relax. As the sun sets and the lights go down, the dazzling space gradually reveals its evening persona, delighting guests with spectacular, mysterious and unexpected entertainment at night. Unparalleled technology means every show at Two70° is multidimensional and immerses the audience through a combination of live performers, including aerialists, as well as breathtaking video and digital scenery.
- A performance hall and the hottest live music venue on Quantum class, Music Hall is the place for guests to enjoy intimate and exclusive access to live performances, DJs, theme night parties, billiards and more. Rebellious and edgy, Music Hall’s two-story design is inspired by the spirit of rock and roll.
The Next Generation of Stateroom Accommodations
With guest comfort and convenience in mind, Royal Caribbean debuts the most spacious and luxurious accommodations ever, introducing rooms that on average are nine per cent larger than those of Oasis class ships. Sophisticated, upscale design, layouts and finishes create a home away from home. Boasting Royal Caribbean’s new smart design concept, each stateroom features contemporary designs with easy-to-use customizable layouts and intuitive larger storage solutions.
- Now every room on Quantum of the Seas has a view, with the exciting introduction of Virtual Balcony staterooms. This design concept brings virtual balconies to interior staterooms offering expansive real-time views of the ocean and exciting destinations.
- For multi-generational families, Family-Connected staterooms deliver more flexibility, using three different stateroom categories which connect to form a special layout that provides separate bedrooms and bathrooms for all. These accommodations allow families and groups of friends traveling together to enjoy the best of both worlds when it comes to together and alone time.
- With Quantum of the Seas, Royal Caribbean introduces the largest variety of stateroom categories, including new Studio staterooms, some with balconies for single travellers, three Junior Suite categories and larger Loft Suites.
Signature Features Return and More New Surprises To Come
The adults-only Solarium, along with an outdoor pool, a new indoor pool with operable roof and a H2O Zone kids’ aqua park, will be featured on the top deck. Signature Royal Caribbean venues and experiences popular with families such as the Rock Climbing Wall; FlowRider surf simulator; the award-winning Adventure Ocean children’s program; the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery; and the DreamWorks entertainment and events featuring the characters from animated movies: Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar; will all be back on Quantum class. Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas also will make a quantum leap forward in its culinary offerings providing the most flexible dining options and more specialty restaurants than ever before. Additional details about dining, entertainment and other unexpected features and amenities on Quantum of the Seas will be unveiled in the coming months.
Quantum class will debut in autumn 2014 (northern hemisphere) with Quantum of the Seas, followed by her sister-ship Anthem of the Seas in spring 2015 (northern hemisphere). Quantum ships span 18 decks, encompass 167,800 gross registered tons, carry 4,180 guests at double occupancy and feature 2,090 staterooms. Quantum of the Seas will sail out of the New York Harbor from her homeport of Cape Liberty on 7- to 12-night itineraries during the winter 2014/15 (northern hemisphere) season. Bookings will be available to Crown & Anchor Society loyalty program members starting May 27, 2013 before opening to the general public on June 4. More information on Quantum of the Seas is available at www.RoyalCaribbean.com/Quantum.
I particularly applaud the addition of Studio Staterooms, a real boon for single cruisers, John Pond.
Visit John Pond Blogs at: www.johnpondworld.com
Quantum of the Seas