Fitness and physical activity should be fun. If you’re enjoying activity, you’ll have no trouble sticking to your goals.
Here are 10 tips to make exercising enjoyable:
10 tips to make exercising enjoyable:
- Think about sports, activities that you enjoyed as a child and try then again. You might rediscover a sport that you use to play as a child.
- Arrange to meet a friend or family member. If you have a set time and place you are more likely to be motivated.
- Your local council. You may find your local council has a variety of activities that you can get involved in from tai chi to swimming.
- Don’t resist resistance training. There are so many benefits to resistance training start with small weights and slowly increase.
- Reward yourself. Celebrate your results with something you enjoy – remember everything in moderation.
- Variety is key. Try a variety of exercises to keep you interested and to use different muscle groups.
- Be realistic. Set short and long term goals that are achievable.
- Set yourself a challenge. Always wanted to try pilates? Now is the time to try something new, look around for introduction rates.
- Review your progress. Regularly focus on what you have achieved.
- Keep a diary. You can monitor your progress from the increase in exercising to the benefits on how you feel after exercise.